After an especially long and exhausting drive or flight, a grueling week at work, or a mind-numbing exam period — what’s the one thing you do to feel human again?
What do I do to feel human again?
A variety of things.
- Sleep—there’s nothing like slumber land to beat the stress out of anything.
- If not too tired, go out for a walk or a run or do some light weights.
- There’s always the idiot box where one switches off completely and let its inanities take over and mess around with my head. Sitcoms work best.
- Music—western classical or dance doesn’t really matter.
- Talking to somebody you love and trust is another stress-buster but that’s kind of rare. If you have such a person in your life, you are truly blessed. Unloading helps.
- Reading light material.
- Some people pray. Others sing, laugh, dance or play. Sometime, I do too.
That’s about all—for non-smokers and teetotallers.
What about you? What do you do? How do you become human again (as against feral) ?