If one can stick to the training throughout the many long years, then will power is no longer a problem. It’s raining? That doesn’t matter. I am tired? That’s besides the point. It’s simply that I just have to.
Emil Zatopek, Olympic runner.
- 5 Lessons in Achieving Success from Emil Zatopik, Olympic Runner (projectwhitespace.com)
- Who was Emil Zatopek? (ccooper.typepad.com)
- Emil Zatopek’s feat remains unmatched (thehindu.com)
- Emil Zatopek: The greatest distance runner in Olympic history (cnn.com)
- Emil Zatopek: the greatest athlete and Olympian ever? (morningstaronline.co.uk)
- Cheering Section: For Emil Zatopek, Unmatched Glory at 1952 Olympics (nytimes.com)
- Fun Facts About the Olympic Marathons in History (geardiary.com)