I admit I didn’t see it coming. All this while Facebook (FB) users mocked people like me, who are not fond of the social network, for being inherently shy and lonely. But we have kept our opinions about those suffering from FB OCD to ourselves — more out of our belief in the maxim ‘to each his own’ than the fact that a majority of FB fanatics simply do not seem to understand the concept of privacy.
But a German daily, Der Taggespiegel has now taken this battle to another plane. By linking the mental state of the shooters of the two recent attacks in the US to their absence on FB, it has made a, well, insane observation: only psychopaths and mass murderers are not on FB.
- Are You a Psychopath if You’re Not on Facebook? Some Employers, Psychiatrists Think So (mashable.com)
- If You Don’t Have A Facebook Account, There’s A Good Chance You’re A Sociopathic Serial Killer (thegloss.com)
- Are People Who Don’t Use Facebook Psychopaths? (fox4kc.com)
- Not on Facebook? You’re probably a psychopath (theweek.co.uk)
- Not joining Facebook a sign you’re a psychopath? (mobot.net)
- Is not joining Facebook a sign you’re a psychopath? Some employers and psychologists say it’s ‘suspicious’ (talesfromthelou.wordpress.com)