Home » Posts tagged 'uncertainty'
Tag Archives: uncertainty
“Uncertainty is the worst of all evils until the moment when reality makes us regret uncertainty. ”
- ANXIETY = UNCERTAINTY x POWERLESSNESS (damniwish.com)
- uncertainties (pkshouse.wordpress.com)
- Which Are Your Strategies For Dealing With Uncertainty In Business? [Lucas Wyrsch] (ecademy.com)
- Liquidity and the Game of Money – Uncertainty & Unease ? Understood. (tradehaven.me)
- Certainty – Or Was It Uncertainty? (realstorypublishing.com)
"An argument is made that there are just too many question marks about the near future; wouldn’t it be better to wait until things clear up a bit?…face up to two unpleasant facts: The future is never clear [and] you pay a very high price for a cheery consensus. Uncertainty actually is the friend of the buyer of long term values." - Warren Buffett
Risk is about uncertainty and exposure.
There was uncertainty if the Pakistani players would be available to play for the IPL teams, for various reasons.
Was there exposure? Yes, if you had a Pakistani player on your team.
So, it was risk management and the reason why it appeared pre-planned was because it seems that all the IPL team owners looked at the situation through the same lens.
No cricketing logic to it! Just not cricket, as they say! But then who says the IPL is just about cricket? Are any of the IPL team owners cricketers?
Have a good day!