Home » Posts tagged 'Twitter'
Tag Archives: Twitter
A run begins the moment you forget you are running.
- Adidas monitors Lionel Messi’s performance through his adidas F50 miCoach boot (pocket-lint.com)
- Sleek by Adidas (fabsugar.com)
- Adidas: TechFashion (streetknowledge.wordpress.com)
The above statements have been pouring in from scientific studies across the world. This is their essential premise: that multitasking between emails, Facebook, Twitter, TV, mobile phones, tablets and gaming consoles have made us perpetually distracted and a scatter-brained race. Not only is the
new era of information technology making us less creative and more muddled – it’s put into place a permanent change in the way our brain maps information, how it retains it, which parts are used how and even the size of the brain is going through a metamorphosis. Very scary, right? Wait, there’s more.
Shallow and fried
The first news of this came when a series of articles and a book was released by Nicholas Carr. His argument was that ever since the advent of the Internet, we as a human race have been becoming more stupid. His book (The Shallows: How the Internet Is Changing the Way We Think, Read and Remember) made some very compelling points. Taking himself to be the guinea pig, Carr said that over the last few years the way he read and absorbed books was completely changing. He said, “I was losing my own capacity for concentration and contemplation. Even when I was away from my computer, my mind seemed hungry for constant stimulation, for quick hits of information. I felt perpetually distracted.”
- What the Internet Is Doing to Our Brains (contemplatingtruth.wordpress.com)
- Is the Internet Really Making Me Stupid, Crazy, and Constantly Distracted? [Ask Lifehacker] (lifehacker.com)
- Turning Into Man Machines: Nicholas Carr’s “The Shallows” (shorequalblog.com)
- Don’t Delete Your Stupidity. Fix it. Facebook Rolls Out Comment … – TechCrunch (techcrunch.com)
- The art of tweeting–Jasmine’s Tech Dos & Don’ts (reviews.cnet.com)
- It’s Important To Have Dreams (winextra.com)
- Google isn’t making us stupid, we are (theengagingbrand.typepad.com)
- Don’t blame Twitter when journos tweet stupid things; blame stupidity (stevebuttry.wordpress.com)
“Men love it. They have a sense of humor, whereas a lot of women are threatened or just don’t get it. ”
I think there is no better way to invite a human being to view their body differently than by inviting them to be an athlete, by revering one’s body as an instrument rather than just an ornament. It’s a really great way to reorient how you see your body so you can see it as this incredible, awe-inspiring machine that you need to fuel well in order for it to function.
Alanis Morissette, singer/actress
- Alanis Morissette’s New Song “Guardian” (now100fm.cbslocal.com)
- Alanis Morissette Performs ‘Guardian’ (ellen.warnerbros.com)
- Alanis Morissette On Balancing Work And Family: Bring Them On Tour (kfrog.cbslocal.com)
- Alanis Morissette On The Balance Between Work And Family: Bring Them On Tour (fresh1027.radio.com)
- Alanis Morissette’s “Guardian” (fresh1027.radio.com)
- Alanis Morissette Shows Baby Ever the Sights of Her Neighborhood! (popsugar.com)
- Alanis Morissette Debuts Her Son, Ever, on a Walk in LA! (popsugar.com)