Home » Posts tagged 'India'
Tag Archives: India
There is sufficiency in the world for man’s need, but not for man’s greed.
- A World Of Greed(ejaife.wordpress.com)
- “Bapuji Is No More” – The Death Of Mohandas Gandhi – January 30, 1948(pastdaily.com)
- The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.(roxsentimental.blogspot.com)
“You cannot believe in God until you believe in yourself. ”
- Swami Vivekananda Example of Leadership Qualities: Jaya(news.outlookindia.com)
- ‘His Inclusiveness Is A Powerful Myth’(outlookindia.com)
- Favorite Insightful Quotes By Swami Vivekananda(deodatusblog.wordpress.com)
“Spread love everywhere you go: first of all in your own house. Give love to your children, to your wife or husband, to a next door neighbor… Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier. Be the living expression of God‘s kindness; kindness in your face, kindness in your eyes, kindness in your smile, kindness in your warm greeting.” -Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta
Running fever has hit India like never before. But how safe are runners on roads and in parks?
“We must re-dedicate ourselves on this day to the peaceful but sure realization of the dream that had inspired the Father of our Nation and the other captains and soldiers of our freedom struggle, the dream of establishing a classless, co-operative, free and happy society in his country,” “We must remember that this is more a day of dedications than of rejoicing – dedication to the glorious task of making the peasants and workers the toilers and the thinkers fully free, happy and cultured” – Dr. Rajendra Prasad
“Freedom is not given, it is taken” – Netaji Subash Chandra Bosh
“We owe a lot to the Indians, who taught us how to count, without which no worthwhile scientific discovery could have been made!” – Albert Einstein
“The Roots of Violence: Wealth without work, Pleasure without conscience, Knowledge without character, Commerce without morality, Science without humanity, Worship without sacrifice, Politics without principles”. – Mahatma Gandhi Ji
“Where the mind is without fear and the head is held high; Where knowledge is free; Where the world has not been broken up into fragments by domestic walls; Where words come out from the depth of truth; Where tireless striving stretches its arms towards perfection; Where the clear stream of reason has not lost its way into the dreary desert sand of dead habit; Where the mind is led forward by thee into ever-widening thought and action–Into that heaven of freedom, my Father, let my country awake” – Rabindranath Tagore
- To Be Indian(homeostaticxpressionist.wordpress.com)
- Subhash Chandra Bose Real Icon of India: Pranab(news.outlookindia.com)
- Netaji’s speech inspired me to draft mine: Pranab(ibnlive.in.com)
What is common between Aswath Damodaran and Forrest Gump, one a widely published professor of finance at the Stern School of Business at New York University and the other a naive, unintelligent fictional hero? Well, both got lucky with investments in shares ofApple Inc. Damodaran bought the shares for around $5 each in 1997, which he describes as an emotional investment, selling them eventually for $600 last year.
- DAMODARAN: For Investors, The Goal Is Not To Minimize Taxes(businessinsider.com)
- What Books Should I Read To Learn Fundamental Analysis / Value Investing?(satyajeetmishra.com)
- DAMODARAN: What Hurricane Sandy Teaches Us About Investing(businessinsider.com)
- ‘Realty, gold have beaten equities over a 5-yr period’(economictimes.indiatimes.com)
- Moats: Profit Fortifiers(dailyfinance.com)
- FINANCIAL ADVISOR INSIGHTS: Long-Term Investors Don’t Need To Freak Out About Where Tax Rates Are Going(businessinsider.com)
- Valuation of Financial Companies(stockvaluationcanada.wordpress.com)