Home » Posts tagged 'Health'
Tag Archives: Health
Movement is a medicine for creating change in a person’s physical, emotional, and mental states.
Truly, I love running. It’s who I am. It’s a part of me. Even if I can only run for 10 minutes, I feel whole and happy. And if everything else is falling to pieces, I go for a run, and I feel like things are going to be okay.
Johanna Olson, Olympic Marathon Trials runner who died of brain cancer at the age of 33
- Olympic Marathon Trials Runner Johanna Olson Dies of Brain Cancer(christostriathlon1.wordpress.com)
- Luther College’s Johanna Olson Looses Her Battle With Cancer(nextleveliowa.wordpress.com)
Opportunities abound for describing lachrymal lamentations. Here are twenty synonyms for cry, plus some related expressions.
1. Bawl: to cry out loudly and without restraint; also, to call out in such a manner
2. Bleat: to complain or whine
3. Blub: see blubber (mostly confined to British English)
4. Blubber: to cry while making sounds of distress or pain, especially through pouted lips (hence the onomatopoeic word)
- 20 Ways to Cry (dailywritingtips.com)
- “still want to defend your blubber?” (freyativity.wordpress.com)
- i Editor’s Letter: Are you a blubber? (independent.co.uk)
- Pop Quiz: Are You Grammatically Correct? (inkhouse.net)
Very few people are meant to take the full journey with you in life. Sometimes you outgrow people, lose the interpersonal connection and/or leave them behind. Instead of regretting the loss, cherish the time you had together and keep it as a fond memory. I’ve written before how I believe that everyone’s life is a novel and sometimes new chapters require new characters. It is all part of the process of growing, learning and evolving as a human being. Most every transitional point in our life involves bridging a chasm of some sort and other people are usually the means by which we cross over. However, they don’t all make the same crossing with us.
I sincerely hope that you have a close personal relationship with a lifelong romantic partner and best friend if that is what you desire. While periods of aloneness are to be expected, a lifetime of being single can be difficult and lonely. I also hope that if you are fortunate enough to have children that you have a strong enduring bond with them. However, even these long term relationships change and end at some point. Inevitably, someone will have to learn to carry one without the other person. Unfortunately, the loss of people we love is a part of life.
- Courtship, Communication and Business Relationships (digitalsurgeons.com)
- Overcoming Betrayal: It’s a 2-Way Street (psychologytoday.com)
- Let’s All Make A List Of Relationship Commandments (howaboutwe.com)
- How Chronic Pain Affects Relationships (everydayhealth.com)
- How to Achieve Good Relationship Marketing (opherbrayer.wordpress.com)
- BizTip – Ten Questions to Help You Check the Vital Signs of Your Client Relationships (gisuser.com)
“It is well for the heart to be naive and the mind not to be.”
– Anatole France