English: Frank Shorter, 2002 (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Experience has taught me how important it is to just keep going, focusing on running fast and relaxed. Eventually it passes and the flow returns. It’s part of racing.
Frank Shorter, U.S. Olympic Marathoner
- Experience has taught me (fitfor365.wordpress.com)
“Pride defeats its own end, by bringing the man who seeks esteem and reverence into contempt. ”
- The worst sin? Pride. (lifelibertyandallthatjazz.wordpress.com)
- My Pride vs. My Dignity (independentmichaela.wordpress.com)
- Swollen Pride (whereisthebeat.wordpress.com)
- A reading from the Church Fathers; Don’t Make Excuses (gingerjar2.wordpress.com)
- March 2, 2012 – Just for Today (cmmacneil.wordpress.com)
Running gives freedom. When you run you can determine your own tempo. You can choose your own course and think whatever you want. Nobody tells you what to do.
Nina Kuscik, marathoner
I just go out there and feel like, ‘This is hard, but this is great.’ I just feel so incredibly alive. And I feel healthy and inspired when I run a race, even if it’s not my best day.
Tina Ingegneri, Runner’s World Challenger of the Week