Home » Posts tagged 'Barack Obama'
Tag Archives: Barack Obama
But besides meticulous planning and a command of policy details, what else does it take to run the country? The candidates candidly shared their thoughts on the requirements for a commander-in-chief. (We’ve got the highlights here; scroll down to watch the longer video segments.)
On must-have leadership quality
Romney: ”People have to look at that person and say, ‘I may disagree with them. But I know where they stand. And I can trust them.’ A leader has the capacity of vision, the ability to see where things are headed before people in general see those things.”
Continue reading on Inc.com…
- What Does Leadership Mean? Obama & Romney Explain (inc.com)
- “Words Have Meaning”: Mitt Romney Is Not Fit To Be Commander In Chief (mykeystrokes.com)
In less than two months we will have a presidential election here in the United States. Billions of dollars have been spent trying to influence voters to lean one way or another. Interestingly enough a majority of people will simply vote their party line and put very little effort into understanding the position of the other candidate or theirleadership abilities. As a result, a comparatively small number of swing voters in an equally small number of states will end up deterring the final outcome. As someone who certainly has a strong sense of party loyalty but has crossed party lines on many occasions this has always frustrated me. No one party has the market cornered on good ideas or is the sole wellspring of capable leaders – the history of our nation has proven this.
I have spent considerable time studying leadership and observing leaders. I also enjoy reading about the presidency and the 43 occupants of the oval office. In my humble opinion, the most successful presidents have exhibited the following characteristics/traits:
Continue reading on Ed Robinson’s blog…
- Leadership Thought #403 – What Makes A Great President? (edrobinson.wordpress.com)
Experts often possess more data than judgment.
- Colin Powell Sings “Call Me Maybe” (buzzfeed.com)
- Colin Powell sings ‘Call Me Maybe’ (politico.com)
- We’re Sure There’s a Reason Colin Powell Sang ‘Call Me Maybe’ on TV Today (nymag.com)
- Marriage Goals From Colin Powell’s Military Experience (jasonmcintyre55.wordpress.com)
- Colin Powell Goes Rogue (Again), Disses Romney’s Foreign Policy and Supports Gay Marriage [Colin Powell] (jezebel.com)
- What Colin Powell is Reading (politicalwire.com)
- Colin Powell Comes Out in Support of Gay Marriage: VIDEO (towleroad.com)
- Colin Powell has the Manhood of a Kardashian (wemeantwell.com)
- Colin Powell Sings “Call Me Maybe” (amp.cbslocal.com)
- Colin Powell Says Mitt Romney’s Neocon Advisers Are Maybe Dangerous (slog.thestranger.com)
“High office teaches decision making, not substance. It consumes intellectual capital; it does not create it. Most high officials leave office with the perceptions and insights with which they entered; they learn how to make decisions but not what decisions to make. ”