Some interesting Project Management Quotes

Project Management Phases

Project Management Phases (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

The bitterness of poor quality lasts long after the sweetness of making a date is forgotten.

Whilst you can practice good PM without EVM, you cannot practice EVM effectively without PM. (Steve Crowther)

There is such a thing as an unrealistic timescale

To estimate a project, work out how long it would take one person to do it then multiply that by the number of people on the project!

My personal philosophy is not to undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible. (Edwin Land)

Anything that can be changed will be changed until there is no time left to change anything!

If you always blame others for your mistakes, you will never improve. (Joy Gumz)

You can con a sucker into committing to an impossible deadline, but you cannot con him into meeting it.

The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time the last 10% takes the other 90%!

Never punish error. Only punish the concealment of error. (Al Siepert)

Any project can be estimated accurately (once it’s completed).

If it wasn’t for the ‘last minute’, nothing would get done.

__________________________________________

Source: Thomas Kennedy : The PM Coach : Twitter A/c: ThePMCoach

 

About these ads

I am an IT professional with over 12 years work experience. I am also a part-time blogger and currently a CFA candidate.

Tagged with: , , , , , , , , ,
Posted in IT, Management, Professional, Project Management
  • IF YOU CANNOT SAY/WRITE WHAT YOU FEEL, YOU'RE BEST OFF NOT SAYING/WRITING ANYTHING AT ALL! 3 weeks ago
  • People only echo what they believe, not what they do not. 3 weeks ago
  • If it feels unjust, it usually is. It helps to know why and, better still, explain why. 3 weeks ago
  • Giving and gifting are not the same. The giver expects; giving should be sustainable. The gifter does not. Gifting is usually excess. 3 weeks ago
  • A change of heart in one does not necessarily imply a change of heart in all. 4 weeks ago
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 255 other followers